cyclonejohn

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pork and Beans

I stumbled upon an interesting article regarding the company Zappos. (I believe they are a shoe company but I'm not a great shoe/fashion mind.) For all new employees, after the first four weeks of being there, they give you... The Offer. What the offer says is that after four weeks, Zappos will give you a $1000 bonus plus pay you for your four weeks if you quit. Basically, they are saying we want people working here who are 100% committed to the company and if you're not, here's ten Benjamins, have a good life. I think this is a great business idea. If you want to read more... http://www.savvysugar.com/1647292?ybf1=1

1. Uh oh. I was reading the latest issue of Rolling Stone Magazine, and I read that Anthony Kiedes, the lead singer of Red Hot Chili Peppers has said that the band has disbanded. I would not say I love RHCP but I do very much enjoy their music and I own three of their CDs. I can't say I am all that surprised. Every single member is in their forties, they are all married, and have children. The idea of playing arenas every night probably just isn't as appealing as it was when they were single, and 25.

2. I am thrilled at the reviews of the new Weezer album. So far every review I have read have been very positive. Most of them saying they have gone back to their routes. This makes me very pleased. June 3rd... I'm ready.

3. As most of you know, about three years ago I went to Cuba and at that time I fell in love with that magical island. I also was captivated by the brilliance and uniqueness of one of The Revolution's leaders, Che Guevara. I know that their already was a movie about his early life, The Motorcycle Diaries, but I thought to myself, this man has had one of the most fascinating lives of all time. Why has their not been a major motion picture about him. When I came home from Cuba, I spent the summer in Ames, Iowa and I brought this idea up with my roommate, Jim Winstead. We both agreed that Benicio Del Toro would do the best job playing Che. Well, Variety Magazine has a big feature article on the new Benicio Del Toro, movie "Che". It is directed by legendary director Steven Soderberg, and also has Lou Diamond Phillips and Matt Damon. From the looks of it, this movie will be more of an indie film, then a huge mainstream blockbuster. Which I would guess, is exactly what Senor Guevara would have wanted.
http://www.variety.com/VE1117937244.html

4 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

NO! RHCP! What a great band. I will miss those guys.

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Koo4You said...

"roots"

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

Thank you Josh Koo for noticing an obscure grammatical error! Ass. Just kidding. Yes, as you can probably tell, I write these blogs rather quickly and most of the time I am at work. Roots vs. Routes. I won't make that mistake again.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

Hey! This guy is risking his job everyday to keep you entertained. Pipe Down! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home