cyclonejohn

Sunday, May 18, 2008

If a man had as many good ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune

Despite my growing struggle with insomnia, this weekend was absolutely terrific. I worked out every single day this weekend, enjoyed the nice weather, saw some good friends, and caught a couple of movies. Friday night, a couple of friends and I did a bar hopping tour of Uptown Minneapolis. We started off with an expensive dinner at Figlio's, played darts and caroused at Williams before enjoying the beautiful night skyline of Minneapolis at the top of Stella's. It is amazing how quickly $60.00 goes down the tube when you are out and having a good time. Saturday started off with a small headache but that was quickly erased when I met Andrew early Saturday morning at Lake Calhoun. After we roller bladed around Lake Calhoun a couple of times and ate a healthy lunch, I was feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Later that day I went and saw the movie Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I thought FSM was funny and I would probably give it a B+. I would probably wait until it comes out to DVD but go rent it when it does. Later on Saturday, some friends of mine grabbed dinner, hung out by Lake Minnetonka before settling down to watch another movie, Pi. I don't know about this one. I have some friends who absolutely love this movie but I would probably give it a C-. I thought it had the potential for greatness but failed to live up to my expectations. It's been a pretty typical Sunday for me. I went to church, worked out, ate too big of lunch, and then tapped into my domestic mode and I actually baked some cookies that turned out pretty good if I don't mind saying so myself and I don't mind saying so myself.

1. I read a really interesting story in this week's edition of Businessweek magazine. It was about the new electric car by General Motors called The Volt. To sum up the article, it can run for forty miles on just electricity before switching to a regular gas engine. It is scheduled to come out in November 2010. I think I may have found my next car. I am very excited for this. I do believe that in the next twenty or thirty years there will be a solution to automobiles and airplanes becoming completely petroleum free but I think people are completely unaware how much stuff is actually petroleum based. Everything from glasses to cologne is made out of petroleum. Anything made out of plastic is made from petroleum. How are we going to find a solution to that?

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

The only thing I don't like about the volt is that the energy still has to come from somewhere. For us to truly be green, the power that comes to our house and businesses must also be green. That said, I was disappointed to hear that it wasn't out until 2010. I actually considered waiting to buy my new car until then.

I agree on Sarah Marshal and Pi. A- and C- respectively.

We'll have to blade again. I felt pretty good afterward.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger cyclonejohn said...

I also feel really good about rollerblading and I think we should do it again on Saturday. Regarding the Volt, this is a huge "green" advancement. Yes, the energy has to come from somewhere but electricity doesn't have to come from coal. It could come from water, solar, wind, et cetera. In the next ten years, there will be cars that will be completely free of all natural resources. Congratulations to General Motors for making the first giant step.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

you and divo rollerblading? there had to be multiple flops that occurred.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

we took it slow to reduce the number of flops.and I didnt have any brakes. :) I did almost fall once, because we started out going the wrong way down the path and had to turn around quick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home