cyclonejohn

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I feel bad for those people that don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, they know that's the best they're going to feel.

As usual, the National Basketball Association gods have not blessed the Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wolves, who are the most unlucky team statistically in the history of the NBA draft, have the number three pick, in a draft with two top players. In the history of the draft, the Wolves have never once moved up in the draft order. I believe the draft has been around since 1984. Not one time have the wolves moved up once and several times they have moved back. Most famously in 1992 when the Wolves had the worst record in the league but they drafted #3. Who went number one and number two that year? Shaq and Alanzo Mourning. This year, the Chicago Bulls, who had the ninth worst record in the league had a 1.7% chance of drafting number one. Sure enough, apparently the basketball gods thought to themsleves that they have not won enough rings, why not give them a superstar point guard or future hall of fame power forward. Who cares that their team is already loaded with a ton of talent with former lottery picks (Kirk Heinrich, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Drew Gooden, among others) let's throw in another top player. I am not bitter that the Bulls beat the system, I am just upset that once again, lady luck has decided to dance with another man.

1. I saw the movie I'm Not There tonight. It is a movie that is very roughly based on Bob Dylan's life. It has a huge cast including Heath Ledger, Cate Blanchett, Richard Gere, David Cross, Christian Bale, among others. I really had high hopes but I would only give the movie a C-. It was choppy, very hard to follow, and the director, Steven Soderberg, I think unfairly portrayed Dylan as a self-absorbed nihilist.

2. One of the hot books to read last year was the Josh Grogan book, Marley and Me. It made it up to #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. I thought the book was okay. It is a light read literally about "the world's worst dog" and all of the shenanigans the author's dog, Marley, gets into. It's not very deep or complicated. If you are a dog person, you might enjoy it.

3. My sister is on her way to New Zealand right now. I am definitely jealous. I have heard great things but I have never been there. She'll be there for the next six weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home