cyclonejohn

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

slow your roll

I have always been a casual supporter of energy drinks. Not as much as when I was in college, but it is not uncommon if I am dragging in the office to run to the gas station across the street and grab an energy drink. For an advertising class, we studied the marketing campaign of Red Bull and actually worked with Red Bull and they were really really cool to our class and gave us free promo stuff and lots of Red Bull of course. Naturally, I am a bit partial to Red Bull but my all time favorite Energy Drink is the melon flavored Rock Star. I think this is for purely nostalgic purposes. Rockstar twice sponsored trips for Nimit, Nick Wilson, Anay (I think) and others to drive a bus with about fifty Iowa State basketball fans on Tuesday nights from Ames, Iowa to Lincoln, Nebraska for huge cyclone wins. Here, we were allowed unlimited Rock Star and melon flavored Rock Star drinks. I smile every time I buy a can. My favorite energy drink memory is the second University of Nebraska trip when Nimit, and I am not exaggerating, had somewhere between ten and twelve energy drinks and it took him about 36 hours later to fall asleep. Those were the days... Which brings me to my next point.

1. Obviously energy drinks are wildly popular, but what about an anti-energy drink that is designed to relax you, relieve stress, and "slow your roll". I think this is brilliant. Click here for this drink that is growing in popularity very quickly. http://www.slashfood.com/2008/06/09/drink-drank/?loc=interstitialskip

2. Multiple friends of mine have brought up the idea of just breaking out of the proverbial bubble and going on a fun trip. Unfortunately, ticket prices is outrageous now because of rising fuel costs. Last night, when I got home, I sat outside for a while and enjoyed a nice Blue Moon beer on my deck while relaxing and I had an idea... I think we should take a beer tour!! We could start with the grain belt brewery in Saint Paul, then head over to Leinkugel in Chippewa Falls, WI, Pointer Beer (very underrated, but excellent beer) in Stevens Point, WI, head down to Milwaukee for a tour of the Miller plant before heading home. It wouldn't be all that expensive and it could be a lot of fun. Plus, it might be possible for the Minnesota and the Wisconsin people to meet up somewhere. I know all of you have outrageously busy schedules (please note sarcasm) but I think this could be a fun thing to do. If you're interested, let me know.

3. Gas went up 19 cents a gallon in seven days. It's getting to be too much to do anything fun. It really is making me upset.

2 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger The Rhythm of One said...

I'm in! Sounds awesome!

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Koo4You said...

1. isnt that called alcohol? or a bong?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home